Tuesday, October 21, 2008

For the maids..

6. Amethyst Purple Leather Journal with Handpainted Button on Etsy

How will you thank your maids?? I've been thinking about this for about a week now. When the time comes that i'm actually engaged, thinking about it ahead may have it's advantages.
The boy and I are planning on only having 1 attendant each. Here's the reasoning. It's not that we don't want a large wedding party, trust me!! It's actually a lose lose situation for us; 3 simple points:

1. We have wayyyyyyyyy too many good friends. To include some and not include others would be a terrible mistake and perhaps a never ending battle with friendships ending in the shitter. You laugh now, but you'd be surprised at how many of our friends would become bitter about the situation.

2. We don't want to hastle with difficult people. we already have our mothers to deal with... more than enough.. trust me! I would rather throw myself off the roof than to deal with 4 PMS-ing bridesmaids and 2 pissed off mothers..

3. Keeping it low key means, keeping it cheap.. which also means.. no hassle.

While we assesed the pros and cons, this was the better fit for us. Besides! what do we need a wedding party of 10 for?? At first, I did protest. But in all thruthfulness, it makes sooooo much sence! (I might have to do a posting about difficult wedding guests and stories about the maids from hell!!!)

Ok back to the main topic. Thank you gifts for the maids. It is customary to give gifts to your bridal party to thank them for putting up with your (pardon the language) S**t for the lenght of the planning. I have already picked out my maid of honnor. It's been the same for over 8 years. We have been the best of friends since grade 9 science class and plan on being best friends for years to come. I know her inside and out and we speak the same language all the time. *hold the laughs* she completes me.

I will not be following the customary engraved gift. My better half has received 2 engraved gifts as thank you gifts in the past and they are either being used as door stopers or collecting dust in the basement. Personalize it withought doing it the generic way.

Here's what I want to do. (shhhhht... can you keep a secret?)

Leather tote bag, pashmina, Lush beauty products, clutch, Spa gift certs, note book, locket and a thank you note. Ah yes... and apple juice ; )

No comments: