Tuesday, November 17, 2009

re-post: My kind of Cake


Pen Carlson Photography posted on the http://theKnot.com

If I were going to go for a traditional wedding cake, I would have something like this in mind. You don't need to have a 15 tier cake for a wedding the reception. Chances are no one will end up eating it anyways! ( in my past experience with weddings, the bride and groom end up having a dessert at the end of the meal in addition to the cake. Who wants to eat more cake after they've already stuffed themselves with dessert??)

Some couples end up having custom 'fake' cakes (made of Styrofoam and fondant) to cut the costs and waste. The cost gets cut by at least half and the guests wouldn't even know the difference! In addition, you can ask your baker to make decorated cake slabs with the same color scheme for dessert to serve when the time comes for coffees and tea.

That sounds good and all, but I still think cupcakes are at the top of my list for wedding desserts...


I'm torn... This is a second.

I really like this.

No comments: