Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The cake dream...

I had a dream last night...

I dreamed that our reception had just started at the National Art Gallery (located in Ottawa.. aka the dream venue..) Champagne was flowing, the band had just started and we were tearing it up on the dance floor. We love to dance.. We had our gourmet meals, laughed and cried during the speeches and had our first dance as the Mr. and Mrs... Everything was perfect...

Until it came time to cut the cake....

This is where my dream ended.. I've had this dream before.. it ALWAYS ends before the cutting of the cake.. I've always wondered why...

For those of you who don't know me personally, I love cake. Not the "I like to peck at my cake" kind of love... I'm the.. "I ate 2 McCain frozen cakes last night and I can't stop myself from eating another" kind of love.

The cake aspect of the wedding has always freaked me out a little. I am a stickler for detail, and I fear that If I brought a specific idea to a baker, I'll get stuck with something that is the complete opposite of what I wished for. This is my nightmare and may be a reason why my dream always ends at the cake cutting.. strange right?

This is why I relinquished all cake making decisions to the better half.

The verdict? Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Plain and simple. I didn't argue.. it's simple, beautiful and yummy as heck.

But a part of me always wonders...
What If I brought an image from a Martha Stewart mag like this one...
And ended up with this?

I guess I'd just have a great story to tell the kids right?

photos via the very hilarious Cakewrecks

2 comments:

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

I love cake wrecks! It just amazes me that bakers actually think that interpretation of something gorgeous or amazing looks 'right' to them! I have the same fear regarding our cake. I also wanted to do the red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. My honey wasn't having it. He doesn't like the cupcake idea for some reason but he is adamant about wanting cream cheese frosting. We'll have to see what we end up with. *sigh*

The Professional Bridesmaid said...

Very wise going with red velvet cupcakes....those are my favourites. I hope you don't get a cake wreck....
p.s. love McCain's cake!!