Sunday, November 21, 2010

my MOH

How I asked my MOH you ask?

Well, the choice was clearly the easiest one to make. But I tossed and turned about how I was going to ask for about 3 weeks… I was clueless.. I dug through blogs high and low, googled "traditions", couldn't find anything I liked that wasn't over the top cheesy. And a couple nights ago, I sat down and wrote a letter about us. About our ups and downs, laughs and cries and said I wanted her to share in what will be one of the most important days of my life and that I couldn't think of anyone better to be there by my side.

I bought a card and a "bridesmaid: how to guide" on being fabulous and keeping the bride sane (in other words, when I lose my shit, she can be prepared to handle it.. lol). There were quite a few to choose from...


But I ended up going with The Bridesmaid Guide: Etiquette, Parties and Being Fabulous, it had a great combination of wit, humour and tons of information for her to flip through. I wrapped the whole thing with a nice bow and off I went.

I gifted them to my MOH last night. She obviously knew she would be my Maid of Honour, but I wanted to make it special. After all, it's the little things you look back on years after the deed is done. You want to remember simple gestures.. I found it to be a nice little touch to show her I value her friendship now and for many more years to come. I could tell she was very excited.

She immediately said we had to have a Father of the Bride marathon.

That my friends, is the reason she is my MOH.

No comments: