Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Learning to stand our ground..

So far, wedding planning has been.. One word. Confusing.

Over the years, the better half and I would talk about reception ideas we dreamed up.. different scenarios.. we were looking for fun, no fuss, memorable, entertaining, kid friendly..

But soon after we got engaged, we quickly realized that our ideas weren't necessarily the ideas our parents had in mind. The whole thing was quickly becoming something else.. more formal, not us. With many very opinionated people in the mix it makes it very difficult to keep on track. You second guess yourself, you try to please others at all cost.. but I've come to the realization that you can't please everyone..

I don't want us to look back 1,2,15 years down the road and think 'why the hell did we do that? why didn't we do what we set out to do in the first place??' As the months go on, I find myself getting very excited about little details and ideas that are shaping up.. invitations, dress, handmade photobooth guestbook.. all little details I imagine will be absolutely amazing.. This is why we're going to start being firm with what we want in our celebrations of love (cheesy.. right?)

We are very excited about planning this thing no matter the size.. you just have to remember that the main focus here is not to get wrapped up in the stress and drama of planning a party.. It's to celebrate the beginning of the rest of your lives together with friends and family supporting you.. and there just so happens to be food and dancing nearby for everyone to enjoy.. heh

--------------------------------------------
I don't want this blog to become a place where I vent about my issues in being the "misunderstood bride". There are far too many blogs out there that are about bashing the in laws and listing everything going wrong in the planning in a negative light and that irks me.

1 comment:

Cupcake Wedding said...

thanks for reminding me to stop being such a grumpy grump. It's so easy to complain.